B.Sc. MLS is known as Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science is a three-year undergraduate degree program that provides practical and theoretical knowledge of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of various types of diseases, with the aid of the clinical examination. This emergency business program allows students to perform various diagnoses to bodily fluids, including hematology, immunology, bacteriology, chemistry and microscopic. This course also provides knowledge of the collection, testing, documentation and reports samples. Some of the main subjects taught by this program are clinical endocrine and toxicology, diagnostic molecular biology, advanced diagnostic technology, microbiology and diagnostic cytology.
Some of the main topics or concepts you will learn when you earn your B.Sc. MLS degree, from one of the best B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Science Colleges in Punjab are:
• Human Anatomy
• Human Physiology
• Health Education & Health Communication
• Bio-Medical Waste Management
• Clinical Haematology
• Immunology & Serology
• Histopathology & Histotechniques
• Immunohematology & Blood Banking
• Clinical Endocrinology &Toxicology
• Clinical Enzymology & Automation
• Advanced Diagnostic Techniques
• Parasitology & Virology
• Diagnostic Molecular Biology
• Diagnostic Cytology
• Lab Management & Medical Ethics
This is a perfect course for those who want to pursue a career in the health field. Medicines are one of the most demanded fields in today’s world. Medical laboratory scientists/technicians play a vital role in carrying out any medical activities. This course equips students with the skills required to operate advanced laboratory equipment."
MLS students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree must meet the following eligibility criteria: Candidates must have a score of 10 + 2 or equivalent in science fields where mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology are compulsory subjects. The candidate must have passed his twelfth grade and at least 50% of the approved board of directors.* The minimum requirements for grade 12 may vary from college to college.
Employment in the field of medical laboratory science is expected to increase by 13% from 2016 to 2026. The increase in population aging has led to an increase in the demand for diagnosis of medical conditions through laboratory procedures.
Job roles that MLS students can take up after completing a degree from one of the best B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Science colleges in India are
• Pathology Technician
• MRI technicians
• Optical Laboratory Technician
• X-ray Technicians
• Dental Machine Technician
• Radiology Technician
• Laboratory Technician
• Laboratory Manager
• Medical Officer
• Research Associate
• Medical Record Technician
• Resident Medical Officer
• Laboratory Testing Manager
Some of the top hospitals and laboratories recruiting medical laboratory scientists are:
• Forensic Science Laboratory
• Columbia Asia Referral Hospital
• BLK Super Specialty Hospital
• Lilavati Hospital
• Manipal Hospital
The highlights of the B.Sc. MLS Courses in Punjab are:
• Learn diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through clinical laboratory tests.
• Experience integrated teaching on therapeutic themes or disease states.
• Acquire practical experimental skills through experiential learning.
• Gain real-time experience through internships at recognized laboratories and hospitals, and visits to state and central laboratories.
• So, make the right choice and join a college that offers a research-intensive bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science.