Vision Mission and PEOs of Civil Engineering Department
The vision of Civil Engineering Department of Amritsar Group of Colleges (AGC)-the Best Civil Engineering College in Punjab, India is to become a leading Centre of excellence in Civil Engineering education which will be highly recognized at National and International levels as well as contributing to the technology for the sustainable development of society.
- The mission of the Civil Engineering Department is to produce outstanding Civil Engineering graduates with the highest ethics.
- The department aims at imparting the strong basics and applied research for National needs to serve industry, profession, and community through noble solutions.
- To impart quality education in Civil Engineering to raise satisfaction level of all the stake holders.
- The Best Civil Engineering College in Amritsar i.e. AGC provides an intellectually challenging yet supportive and welcoming platform for students as well as faculty to do their best in society.
- To produce scholars for achieving advanced knowledge, practice, and invent new techniques, policies, and systems in critical areas of Civil Engineering, to establish recognized essential connection among engineering, social, economics, ecological, and political domains.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Department of Civil Engineering at Amritsar Group of Colleges approves some major Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) to achieve the aim of producing Graduate Civil Engineers who:
- Shall apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find creative solutions to technological challenges & problems in various areas of basic Sciences & Engineering.
- Shall be able to analyze, design and use skills in order to formulate and solve Civil Engineering problems.
- Shall be able to practice Civil Engineering in a responsible, professional and ethical manner and implement eco-friendly sustainable technologies for the benefit of industry as well as society.
- Shall take up higher education and engage in research & development in Civil Engineering as well as applied areas of science & technology.
- Shall develop an understanding of multi discrepancy approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social and human context, in which their engineering contributions will be utilized.
- Shall learn to communicate their ideas in collaboration with other members of Civil Engineering teams.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Graduates are expected to build up communication skills for sharing innovative ideas effectively.
- Graduates are expected to be ethically responsible citizens.
- Graduates are expected to put civil engineering knowledge in practical.
- Graduates are expected to apply knowledge of science and mathematics in civil engineering problems.
- Graduates will be able to function individually as well as member of multidisciplinary teams to solve engineering and multidisciplinary problems with leadership qualities.
- Graduates will be able to create awareness on contemporary issues and impact of engineering solutions on society.
- Graduates will be able to recognize the need for new engineering tools from experience and problems faced by civil engineers in the past.
- Graduates will be able to provide the engineering solutions in effective and ingenious ways by making use of graphs and tables etc.
- Graduates will be able to use modern engineering softwares, skills and computing tools required for solving various civil engineering problems.
- Graduates will be able to analyse and design the structures as well as conduct experiments and interpret observations for reporting the results.